View Single Post
Old February 23, 2012   #20
tgplp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxwindjammer View Post
I started the majority of my tomatoes in the last couple of days. I will start my peppers tomorrow. I use the dense method of planting and grow them under lights for a couple of weeks. I also started Genovese basil and Lettuce Leaf Basil.

Onion starts coming soon. I have already seeded lettuce and plan on getting my root veggies started this week.

I know I am doing a no no but I leave for vacation in about a week. Hopefully everythign will have sprouted before I leave and they will be happily thriving under grow lights while I am away.

I'm actually leaving for vacation tomorrow to go skiing in Idaho! So it looks like Jane will get a leg up on both of us! Luckily my family hires a friend to come take care of our cats, guinea pigs, fish, and plants, so my little seeds will be taken care of and maybe even germinated when we get back on sunday.

I also have some mixed basil varieites growing, hoping for a fresh from the garden caprese salad this summer! Yum that sounds good... purple basil and green tomatoes would look so cool!

Taryn
tgplp is offline   Reply With Quote