View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013   #59
Urbanfarmer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Which of your fertilizer mixes is better for bell peppers? Is it the vegetable or the tomato food or could it be the fruit tree mix?

I have had unbelievable blooming and fruit set on my small citrus plants since I started using your fruit tree fertilizer. They have responded to it better than I could have hoped. It is still too early in the season to tell if your Texas Tomato Food is going to outperform the other fertilizers I have used; but I can say so far it is at least as good as any other commercial fertilizers I have used and it is the easiest to apply.

Bill
Bill.....peppers will do well on TTF, but better on Veg. They like a bit more N and quite a bit of K. You would probably see good results with A&O as well.

One thing we've found with citrus is that is doesn't like to be as wet as vegetables, and it doesn't respond well to excessive "pushing" like tomatoes. So, if you're seeing good results now, you are probably on the edge.

Besides the hydroponic-grade nutrients in TTF, and the correct ratio, the ultimate difference is the calcium. That's where you'll see the lower incidence of BER. You'll also see stockier plants.

We always caution customers that you're not going to see "alien, over-the-top" growth. You'll see solid, prolific, deficiency-free growth, with top quality tomatoes, and an end to guessing.

Urbanfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote