Thread: Fermenting.
View Single Post
Old January 16, 2018   #726
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
I took the Bait for the Easy Fermenter wide mouth lids and weights. I don't know why the Easy Fermenter lids seem to make fermenting easier, because the difference between screwing on a Easy Fermenter lid and a regular Ball type lid with an airlock is not so much. I have been getting a bunch of fermenting recipes from Easy Fermenter so I have been playing with them quite a bit. I've fermented Fizzy Tomatoes and Curried Cauliflower. The tomatoes were a dud because I didn't use the right "whey" the recipe called for. I just put in some pure yogurt. The Curried Cauliflower came out pretty good, but it is way way salty. I hope to leach out some of the salt by soaking the cauliiflower in regular water.

Now I'm a week into fermented garlic in apple cider vinegar, and I just finished setting up Brussels Sprouts Kimchi. Here's a pic of them in action. I expect the B Sprouts to overflow the fermenter because I loaded it too high.
I tend to just stick with my time proven salt and water method and it works great.
Tried a few recipes and found them to be way too salty.
Right now I have a jar of ghost peppers on the counter I have no idea how long they have been there.
Didn't write down any dates or anything and dont care.
Just took the lid off and they smell heavenly.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote