View Single Post
Old June 10, 2018   #256
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I just noticed today that in a flat of multiflora micros, I have three that look exactly like my Tumbling Tom plants. I believe they have the cascading foliage gene. I am excited about these plants, as they may be "the ideal micro" for a hanging basket, as well as a chance for me to contribute something back to Dan's breeding efforts.
Cole,

Do you have any interest in working with some that look to me like they may have the 'tumbling' characteristics you mentioned? I've got two lines of carroty-leaf micros that look to me like they would do well as tumbling plants. These don't really have much of a 'main' stem. instead, then send out several relatively slender stems closely grouped from very small area. None of them are thick enough to stand upright without support. I was about to get rid of them when I realized them might 'tumble' nicely from a hanging plant.

I'm not set up to grow them out and already have too many others to work with. I'm going to save seed from these two when they ripen in a few weeks.

Any interest in playing with them - you or anyone else?
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote