View Single Post
Old August 21, 2017   #11
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I agree you may have some Septoria or other spot or speck disease going on at the same time; but I still think you have gray mold. There are not always patches of fuzzy spots with gray mold. First you will see some darkening usually on the interior of the plant followed by wilting and shriveling of the leaves that will spread from the lower portions of the plant and keep rising. If left untreated it will eventually affect the fruit.
If Ray is right and it is just Septoria the treatment mentioned in the above post will also help with Septoria. I however believe it is mainly a problem with gray mold and the fact that it is mainly on black varieties is very telling to me.

With either problem the longer you wait to treat those plants the worse they will become. In the future you should spray all black varieties with a copper fungicide weekly to help prevent severe outbreaks of gray mold. I know that is not always possible especially in rainy weather when the only option is the diluted bleach spray which will help a great deal.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote