View Single Post
Old June 24, 2007   #8
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
Hi Mark,
I haven't written to you in awhile. I hope your plants are doing well. I have lots of blooms. I have to go investigating for actual tomatoes.
The local plant swap( GW Upstate NY forum) went well. There was tomato plant swapping happening, and we, those of us who grow tomatoes, did discuss having the tomato party. Everyone still thought it was a great idea, and want to come. They did seem to like the Grand Island cottage being that the women liked the idea of real bathrooms, a kitchen, etc.
Remy

Hi Remy! I'm still all for one happening, but I'm behind by a couple weeks to a month so not sure what I'll have to harvest mid-late August. Yes I know what you mean about women & real bathrooms! My GF's trailer at Sleepy Hollow has a real bathroom but in miniature size--my knees are knocking against the door & sink if I have to "sit" not stand. But the master bedroom is pretty big! There's always SOME trade-off!

I just thought that if anybody came from afar, or from the East/Central NY, they may want to camp the night or go to the beach, swim, fish, drink, watch a band, etc, plus it would be less driving. But I'll see if I have any IOU's left for a band for your place! Your place is closer to me & the ONT members anyway.

Maybe we can get a better hand count and see where everybody's coming from and what they all want to do. I have no real preference as to location, plus there's no admission charge for the Grand Island location.

P.S. If you have any room, I still have about 20 plants left!