View Single Post
Old October 15, 2015   #50
Zenbaas
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
About a tablespoon for a 5-gallon bucket. One dual-output air pump will work. Two might be better, but not required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
The logical gardener (#36 above has link) recommends 0.5 to 0.75 % for molasses, so for your 6 gallon container, roughly 22,700 mL, by his reqs you add over 100 mL, so that's over 6 tbsp. At most I do 2-3 tbsp per 7 gallon brew, otherwise they don't go through it in the 36 hours and the molasses smell is still somewhat strong at the end. But by the same token, I've been using some products that contain molasses and kelp and once they're diluted and ready for use, they smell about the same as the strong-molasses tea. So I guess what I'm saying is extra molasses doesn't seem to hurt the plants or the brew.

My little dual outlet pump does 128 GPH and it diffuses plenty of oxygen. I use a medium air stone on each tube. I've placed both airstones in one bucket (no difference) and an airstone each for two buckets and it brews just fine.

Just remember in the case of compost/worm teas, less is more.

A sprinkle of alfalfa meal and peat moss (for extra variety of critters) rounds things out nicely.
Thanks...! I have some sphagnum peat moss that I've had for about 2 years so I'm not so sure if that will still have any life left in it. I only have single outlet pumps so I'll just connect two up at once. Looking forward to trying this out.
Zenbaas is offline   Reply With Quote