View Single Post
Old March 14, 2018   #18
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I bought the little six pack of seedlings at Lowes for many, many years. One year, I went to Lowes to buy my seedlings in the six packs and they didn't have any. They had switched over to the single plant containers. It ticked me off because the single plants suddenly cost 50% more than six pack of seedlings and the plants in the single containers were no larger than the plants in the six packs the previous years. I think it was the year they switched over to Bonnie plants. I tracked down the garden center manager and asked him if they would be getting the six pack containers later. He was very rude while saying they would no longer be selling the six packs, only the single plant containers. He acted like I shouldn't be asking how they run their business. That was the last time I bought anything at Lowes garden center and possibly the last time I bought anything at Lowes.

I've been leaving my "grown under lights" seedlings outside most of the day for about one week. I was bringing them in at night due to mid thirties temperature forecasts. I will leave them out at night now due to mid forties forecasts for the next week. If the future forecasts look favorable, I will probably plant all or part of them this weekend and make sure I have enough covers for them if needed. I probably won't plant my peppers for another week to ten days. Most of my seed grown plants like cucumbers and squash will be planted next week. If the soil temp is high enough to germinate the seeds in seven to ten days, they should be okay.

Last edited by DonDuck; March 14, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote