View Single Post
Old May 10, 2018   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Got one growing here and am sending one to a friend in Albany NY.

Nan
Nan,you do realize that Albany and the area around it, is where I'm originally from, and in Albany itself,no one grows tomatoes.Albany being the capital of NYS all they grow at the State House is politicians.

Before you send the seeds why don't I send you seeds for Omar's Lebanese Heart, same thing as the Dotson one, the beefsteak one was the original,from Omar Saab himself, and it's so good to be back in touch with him ,it really is.He can remember the names of the hill towns above Beirut and which one his family went to in the summer to escape the high heat and humidity of Beirut,which is on the Med and the exact summer home he went to as a child and interesting to me is that those homes are passed down from one generation to the next generation. He's still teaching,that's how I first met him in the US where I was teaching at the time,but has moved to Sweden,married, and continues to teach but online.And continues to visit Lebanon to keep in touch with relatives and many friends there as well.

Carolyn,just noting that of course I know that it was Darin who discovered the heart form, and recently I found the envelope with those seeds he sent me which said on the back.....possible heart and gave his phone number..