View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018   #574
Ironwood
Tomatovillian™

Great displays everyone!

Got to love Spring!!

This year I am not doing a single market. I have had enough of poorly advertised, poorly run, rising fees, and high insurance requirements for venders.

Fortunately I have a very busy roadside stand. My friend and I normally grow opposite things so we have all bases covered. Well his land got sold so he is a farmer without a farm.

It is up to me to grow it all this year. On the plus side, his roadside stand does 5x the business of mine. He averages 1k per day with some weekend or holidays raking in almost 2k. So I won't have a problem selling to him this season.

We also have a wonderful produce auction close by that runs three days a week. I unload overstock and purchase things I'm low on or do not grow from the Amish farmers. We were able to buy drop dead gorgeous hanging baskets this year at the auction for 5.50 ea. Priced at 15$ they sold like hot cakes. The deep purples and black flowers are the most popular this year around these parts. I think we have moved some 500 baskets. Red and Martha Washington geranium have been hot as well.

I must say I am very relieved to not have to load up, setup, tear down at markets anymore.

Cheers for a great season everyone! Keep those tables stunning!!
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote