Thread: 2016 Catalogs
View Single Post
Old November 11, 2015   #20
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLJ_ View Post
...it's often policies that decide where I place orders -- shipping costs -- promptness of shipping of items listed as in stock -- whether they observe "no substitution" specifications -- how they behave if they make an error -- whether they try to compensate with a credit rather than a refund if they can't/don't fill an order in a reasonable time. (I don't object to places offering a credit as an option, but I do object to those that have a "once we have your money we keep it, whether we can deliver what you ordered or not" policy.)
I never give substitutions. I always have always hate when companies do that. I try to get a hold of people to ask what they want to do especially with small orders. And I give refunds for out of stocks that are not going to be back in stock. I don't like the keep the money automatic thing either.
I suppose that's the good thing of starting a business later in life, you remember all the things you didn't like and try not to do them to others. Mistakes still happen, but the frequency is kept at a very low rate, and then it is easier to deal with them when they occur.

Deborah,
You are too funny!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote