View Single Post
Old April 2, 2015   #12
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Oh, DonnaMarie, you need to fix that.... Worth's pix are A-Maz-Ing.... the food he makes is fit for a king. (So where IS the salivating smiley? We need one!)
Thanks I had no idea anyone really looked at all of the stuff I do.
I dont know what to say.
Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
I wonder why? I know because I have dial up it takes awhile for them to load for me , but they definitely are worth the wait . Do you just get a blank area or a link or what do/don't you see?

I don't know if this would work or not, but try hitting the reply button. At the bottom you will see the posts folks have made and it will show links of the pics. Right click the link and try opening in a different tab or window or one of the other things it says. Maybe that will help.

Worth... That looks yummy. Looks like a gourmet delight! I have coped and pasted the recipe to a file. Some of the ingredients I have no idea what they are. I have seed for the Guajillo pepper. I haven't grown them before.

I'm going to have to google Adobo peppers as that is a new name on me.

Too bad our computers don't do holographs. I could reach through and have me a bowl or two.
Papa Seca Amarrilla is dried ywllow potato from Peru.\
Just about everything in the recipe was from Peru.
The beans the peppers and the potatoes.
The cumin was fresh ground seeds from the middle east.

Adobo pepper was a mistake I will go back and fix it.

It is Arbol pepper, stupid spell check on my phone got me again.
Chillie Arbol, Spanish for tree pepper or Chille de Arbol (pepper of the tree).
AKA Rat Tail Pepper or Birds beak pepper.
Scoville 15,000 to 30,000.
That makes them better than the cayenne pepper at 30,000 to 50,000.
You can use more pepper to make it hot but get more pepper flavor as the cayenne is just hot.
They sell for really cheap here.
I could go on about peppers and cooking for days.

I have a burr mill coffee grinder set up for just grinding pepper powder and other spices I use in this type of food.

Worth

Last edited by Worth1; April 2, 2015 at 07:22 PM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote