Thread: Pickles
View Single Post
Old September 23, 2015   #243
Zana
Tomatovillian™

We could do a tomato tastefest / pickling weekend??? Mum & Dad's old kitchen was perfect to do it with 8 burners on 2 stoves and 2 ovens. If we're going to do a huge amount, I'm going to check out local "commercial kitchens" - churches or community centres for a day's rental.

Arrive Friday night - get together and perhaps any advance prep we can do that night. (Or we make up something like Sorellina's Sicilian Caponata?)
Saturday early - 8am - Team A - hits the farmer's market for cukes, garlic, dill, hot peppers, (and the makings for mixed pickles - Tourshi in Armenian - if anybody is interested - cukes, cauliflower, beans, snap peas, carrots, celery, eggplant, cabbage, peppers [hot & sweet])
Saturday early - 8am - Team B - arrives at commercial kitchen and moves in "equipment"; starts cleaning jars, lids & rings; sets up tables for assembly line prep.
Saturday - Team A arrives at commercial kitchen and joins in prep, stuffing of jars, making up of brine, etc.
Saturday late afternoon or evening (depending upon how long we have the kitchen for) clean up, pack up and head out for a BBQ.
Sunday - Tomato Tasting Gathering & BBQ

What's that sound like to you all?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There is a fine line between genius and crazy.
I like to use that line as a jump rope.

~Anonymous (but I totally agree with this! LOL)

Forgive and Forget? I'm neither Jesus or nor do I have Alzheimers.

~ Anonymous

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.

-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote