Thread: CalMag
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2018   #17
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

M -

Thanks to you seed offerings, I added extra containers to my intended 2018 planting. So I took potting medium from all my current pots (in total, maybe 15% mix of each) and put them into new pots and then also added more bark fines and coarse vermic. to incorporate into all the pots.

Not sure why the mix is so off this year. It might not be cal/mag def based on the the reply Carolyn posted. I will admit due to the undue fresh bark, all containers are a bit too coarse for me this year. The emitters are doing this job. I've adjusted them to water 2X a day now. However, when I do pull back the mulch on hot days to check soil conditions, the top is a tinge dry - more like surface roots sucking up all the water. Slight anomaly as well , as this year, MANY roots seems to be hugging right up to the top surface.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47721

I wouldn't say the tops of my containers are getting root damaged but the medium on the top for sure - roots are sucking the water out of them as when I check in early noon after I pull the mulch, it's a tinge dry.

Last edited by mobiledynamics; June 28, 2018 at 08:48 AM.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote