View Single Post
Old March 17, 2017   #203
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

I mounted the front rail on the saw today and got the fence preliminarily aligned. Drilling the holes was relatively easy but definitely a result of measure 10 times before drilling once.

The fence rides on a couple of nylon pads that are attached to the bottom by being forced into a pair of holes drilled into the metal. These pads were not properly aligned for my saw so I used a couple of hive tools to pry one of the pads out then drilled a pair of holes and tapped the studs into the new location. The result is that the fence rides exactly where it should on the saw table. By being very careful, I got the fence to slide across the table surface with no dragging yet the clearance above the table is less than the thickness of a sheet of paper.

The lock lever had a couple of places where the paint had been worn off. I removed it and sanded smooth, then re-painted with a fairly durable gray paint. I stopped work after doing this because the paint needs to dry before I do anything further on the fence.

Tomorrow I will mount the back rail and then re-attach the side table.

I am doing this work very slowly, carefully measuring and fitting to get the desired results. Mounting the front rail was done using a pair of wooden guides made to exactly 2 27/32 inches deep which is the correct depth per the installation guide.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote