View Single Post
Old July 4, 2008   #3
TZ-OH6
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Tom,

The seeds are from a commercial packet [TomatoFest] so there is no way to know what the unknown grandparent is.-It is possible that the seed pack has mixed seeds but that would be no fun. I have to assume that [if it is f2 seed] the F1 from which the seeds originated looked similar enough to Anna Russian that it slipped by the quality the control supervisor ;-), so it probably was not a dominant gold gene expressed in the F1 that the seeds came from.

Your picture is a little small so I can't say mine are different. The two RL plants seem to have wispy leaves compared to the ten or so other RL varieties I'm growing, but the plants are healthy enough looking that a passerby wouldn't point and say "look at the funny leaves." The leaf development has been similar to Green Sausage, especially as seedlings -sad looking little things before they took off.

The young plants are just blooming now so it will be some time before I see any shapely green fruit, but I'll post pics as soon as something starts to happen.
TZ-OH6 is offline   Reply With Quote