View Single Post
Old April 20, 2017   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek Kvapil View Post
Isn´t one of them Joseph Lofthouse? I think he doesn´t send his seeds to EU, does he?
Yes,Joseph is just one for I thought of several more.

You said you needed to add them to your collection, but never said why, and that's important in terms of others I might suggest to you.

Do you intend to breed tomatoes and want some of the species since some of them have the genes for tolerance to some diseases?

I have grown several of thes pecies, Cheesmanii, both major and minor variants are two,along with the pimps,as many do, but never saved seeds from any of those.

Sending seeds to you from the US?I don't see the problem since I send seeds to many in Europe,one has to use what's called a Global Forever stamp.The only countries where problems can appear are getting seeds into the Netherlands,since there are many commercial tomato breeding companies there,and also to Australia,since they are trying to control what's called the Potato Tuber Spindle Viroid,which also affects the tomatoes.

Unfortunately I recently read that that viroid has appeared in Canada and the US as well

https://www.google.com/search?q=pota...&bih=788&dpr=1

Carolyn