View Single Post
Old September 6, 2009   #3
Zana
Tomatovillian™

I'm barely upright....but still have a smile on my face just thinking about how fun it was yesterday (although I don't include the parking lot at the border in the fun part - grrrrrrrrr). For those that left before I got there....sorry to have missed you, but my Dad was happy to see that some of the baklava came back for him. LOL Sorry I missed all the main festivities, but I can vouch for the fact that all the food that was still spread out was delish! (Another reason to be upset about the backup/parking lot at the border - no meat on a stick left to sample....sighhhh....grrrrrrrrr)

Since I made a few "shopping" stops on the way home...even at that hour - God, I love 24 hour grocery stores....and what's a trip across the border without a stop at Tar-get?!? - I ended up pulling over for a wee nap on the way home. Think I got back closer to 3 am....at least the border crossing took less than 15 minutes at that hour. So I may go back to bed for more zzzzz's.

I'll work on making a full list of those we "bagged" up to save seeds later today. I'm not sure, but I think we had baggies of all varieties, didn't we? This year there were still bits of cut up ones of everything left, so I think I may have a full representation of all varieties, unlike last year. I may have to go thru the bags and taste more of them....I was tasting as I was bagging, but with 3-4 of us bagging, I obviously didn't try them all. A

Lots of great people - returnees and newbies too. Great to see that Jim and Galina made it - I wasn't sure if they'd get my pm with the directions in time, since it was posted in the wee hours on Saturday morning. Thanks for the seeds, Richard! Now I'm going to file last year's seeds into my main collection and will segregate this year's until next year's tomatofest....lol.

Once again, my thanks goes to Remy and her family for their fabulous hospitality and all those that made this year's event what it was. Lots of great memories! I'll be back next year with bells on!