View Single Post
Old July 29, 2012   #29
nctomatoman
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

I would love to post some pics - but neither Sue or I got to pick up a camera once! My first thoughts of the day....showed up at noon, had 12 flats of tomatoes...took Sue, Sara, Caitlin, two of Sara's friends and me an hour to get them out and tagged (during which time I was completely drenched with sweat) - did the intro comments, off to the dwarf table, cut there, had a zillion tomato conversations, people kept pushing bottles of water at me....then at one point, a tomato/bacon sandwich (which was so, so appreciated) - back to talking - headed to the clogging area at 4:30 and sat my butt down in a chair for the first time since I got out of my truck at noon!

Of all of the Tomatopalooza events, this one was the most of a total blur for me - no pics, got to taste hardly anything.....wow, just wow! We had lots of people there, which is great - and they didn't trickle in - they were there at the start and they didn't trickle out - they stayed until the end! I hope the organizers collected info on who most of the people were and how they found out about it - much lower percentage of my seedling customers, many many new faces. Who were all those people?

Slept the clock around - collapsed at 11 PM, got up at 9 this morning, and my brain is so totally fried! Jim, Greg, Chris, Tim - great to see you/have great conversations. Lee - thanks as always. The success of the event totally fell upon the hosts (Jimmy and Fred for a superb location), Lori and Brian and their cast of many helpers - my three girls (Sweet Sue, Sarandipity and Caitydid), Sara's many friends. Gardens and Guns magazine was there - an article will be forthcoming. Sara's friend, a photographer, also there and took lots of pics - I am sure I am forgetting people and details. Oh - and mother nature - never have my own tomato contributions made up such a large percentage of stuff to taste - which makes me nervous about future events - there is a risk there...always is, but something we need to ponder for the future.

Whoosh! Tomatopalooza X has come and gone.....that was FAST!