View Single Post
Old February 13, 2015   #27
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
I use science to garden, not organics.
Whose science? Biology? Life sciences?

Organic is science based. Different scientific foundation, but science none the less. In fact the father of organic agriculture was Sir Albert Howard, a formally trained, published and working agricultural scientist and lecturer.[1][2] (Alma mater University of Cambridge)

This project is also science based. (see the multiple sources I have posted in the first two years) You are welcome to join the project if you wish, or you are free to abstain if you wish. As you please.

All I ask is that this thread be used for the project's purposes. Please don't derail it with debate over irrelevant fallacies of logic.

The definition of organic for the purposes of this project is:
Quote:
“Organic agriculture is an ecological production management system that promotes and enhances biodiversity, biological cycles and soil biological activity. It is based on minimal use of off-farm inputs and on management practices that restore, maintain and enhance ecological harmony.
I am not about to subject this trial to debate over dogma. It will either accomplish its goals as stated in the first post each year, or it won't, and the evidence of either will be posted here.

Thank you.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; February 13, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote