View Single Post
Old May 16, 2015   #61
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I am excited to say I worked most the day applying for a Chase small business grant.

The next step in the process is to obtain 250 votes from people who would like to see my tiny farm grow to the next level. If I am accepted, I will use the grant money to purchase the labor saving equipment required to reach a moderate scale. This will allow me to prove the organic methods I am using to restore soil health work at scale. I also should be able to apply Principle 6: The ability to integrate carefully controlled modern animal husbandry.

Once I get 250 votes (it's free to vote so please help), then my application goes to the final step, the review process.

The grant is for $100,000! That will allow me all the farm equipment I need to really get this truck farm operating in high gear! I already have the landowner that is leasing me the land in exchange for clearing and regenerating soil health on board! So this could potentially be a huge break! I could potentially jump to 20 acres and even get the greenhouse I need all in 1 year! Any of you guys that feel what I am doing is interesting or important, please help out with a vote!

Thanks in advance!

Vote here: vote

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; May 16, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote