View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013   #13
JLJ_
Tomatovillian™

Within the past couple of days I used GARDEN1560 to get 15% off any order of at least $60 at Burpee's which combined with SAVINGS30 provided free shipping for any order over $30. Many times codes can't be combined, but if they can, you put in one code and click to apply it, then put in the second code and click to apply it.

I don't know what the expiration dates are on these, or if some items are excluded, but one good thing about the Burpee system is that you put the codes in on your "show cart" page and if they are OK, the discount shows in your cart total, and small text appears under the code input field telling you what discount(s) you have active. Note that this only happens if you meet whatever the conditions are. For example, if you input GARDEN1560 but don't have at least $60 in your cart, nothing appears until you add that much, then the discount code suddenly appears.

Burpee usually has some things I want, plus I have a sentimental attachment to them, probably deriving from Ken Kraft's book -- but they usually think their merchandise is worth more than I do -- so I keep a list of items I want from them until I get a discount code that brings their prices a little closer to what I think is appropriate.
JLJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote