View Single Post
Old November 3, 2017   #99
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi..thanks...I have made mistakes...Thankfully the electrician came round and got everything going perfectly after there was smoke from a short and he corrected the Thermostat wiring for me....BUT...I now have a light on the wall telling me the fridge is going ....its - 6 degrees in the freezer compartment and in the growing chamber the air is 11.2 and is slowly getting colder ,,,when it reaches 10.2 degrees the fridge will switch off and come back on at 10.8 degrees so its going to be interesting how long it will retain the cold air before switching back on...

The radiator fans are going as are the light fans ..so everything is ready to go.... after a quick cleaning within the chamber the plant trays will be put in at a predetermined height and the lid lowered ...Hopefully calculations will be correct and the lid with the lights will be just above the height of my seedlings....I am awaiting my friend in Canada to Skype me about the webcam idea...

I am going to take things very carefully .......I could raise the air temperature if that is a concern but apparantly i should not have any problem with 10.2 degrees C ....
There will be nearly constant monitoring of the thermostat thats tells me the ambiant temperature in the chamber... the air will soon be in the 10 degree range....

Of course already I am thinking ahead to getting for a $1 or so... a modern stand up Fridge /freezer with swinging doors and shelves fans etc but with a failed compressor ....and using the built in gas piping as a means to carry temperature regulated water through them and around it....I could use the present freezer unit I have set up to pump and supply the water.......I once had a beautiful 2 door unit that i turned into a work bench ?? What a growth chamber it would have made ....Its just a matter of waiting and hoping something turns up ..One with insulated glass front doors.... would be ideal......'
I have just checked and the Temperature is now 10.8 C so 0.5 to go and everything should stop apart from fans and the water pump and I can take a timing of what to expect between fridge cycles......Its exciting for me ?? and if the procedure creates nice strong seedlings with thick stems ...I hopefully will feel I have done something...

Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote