View Single Post
Old June 3, 2018   #4
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Down here Limbaugh's Legacy is usually around 60 to 65 days DTM. There are very few tomatoes that have more than 80 days DTM in the heat of the deep south. Right now my tomatoes have been out since mid March and only a couple of varieties have yet to have a ripe fruit. The ones I can think of right now are Eva Purple Ball, Stump of the World, Red Barn and Couilles de Taureau. So at seventy five days only a couple have not ripened fruit yet and we had a very nice long spring with cool nights up until a couple of weeks ago so that delayed ripening on some of them but it did increase fruit set.

Limbaugh's Legacy is one of the few large pink beefsteaks that will usually get a good fruit set on during the hot months of early fall so it still has time to ripen. It is also one of the most dependable producers of the large pink beefsteaks. I have gotten more ripe fruit off my Limbaugh's Legacy than any other variety so far this year. In the fall it isn't usually the heaviest producer but it is usually dependable for giving those large pink beefsteaks in the fall.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote