View Single Post
Old February 13, 2017   #44
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43
Default Onions February 2017 (second tray)

Alright! A day off and I'm cleaning out my seed starting area. I have loads of plastic bottles for winter sowing (that I haven't gotten around to yet I need to get more soil and get them out!),old trays that need washing, plus my tools, extra paint and holiday decor. I'm moving everything that's not for seeds out and put it into the newly cleaned out closet upstairs.

I'll need to buy another couple shop lights because after this tray I'm officially out of room! And I need to get some petunias, impatiens, and dahlias started too! I'll be rotating seed trays until I can afford some more lights and some shelves! It's so lovely though to have green growing things again.

Alright today Jynx decided to jump up and sniff around as soon as I started to sow. I had to pick him up and pull him away because he tried to paw into the dirt I would simply sow and pot up in the utility room but because I'm using two tables to grow on there isn't room for me in there...hence the reason I'm going to buy or build a shelf instead. Then I can have the small table for potting and under for storage of soil and pots. Just waiting on the budget.

I have 18 cells each of Tokyo Long White bunching and Blushing Bunch from Burpee (2016). I've sown these heavily and will thin to 6-10 when ready to plant out.

Another 18 cells of New York Early (I had forgotten I had a yellow storage onion!) These will be thinned when potted up and again when planted out so they grow in bunches of three. And then the last 18 cells are Borettana cipollini pickling onions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170213_145221_hdr.jpg (325.1 KB, 53 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com

Last edited by MissMoustache; February 13, 2017 at 04:14 PM.
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote