View Single Post
Old February 27, 2018   #3
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

Default Vertical Garden 2

Garden Tower 2

April 20th, 2016 - I wasn't going to use this tower but had so many orphan plants that I decided to just toss them in here to see if they make it... they are mostly peppers. I'll have to come up with a self watering setup for this tower... I can see this tower drying out in a day or two!

• I may try and hook this into the drip irrigation system by running a line under ground and off of the deck post.

April 28th, 2016 - I'm actually impressed with these towers so far. I was reluctant to plant up the small tower, but I am glad I did. The smaller tower has a mish-mosh of plants in it that would have been tossed.

May 5th, 2016 - Everything is in here lol...

May 15th, 2016
- Ran a 1/4" irrigation line to the tower, I used a 1/2" piece of copper with a few slits and fed a 4 foot piece of emitter tubing into the pipe, the line is valved.

May 20th, 2016 -

June 4th, 2016 - This Parris Island Romaine blows my mind, I will be harvesting this week for Roll Ups for lunches.

July 27th, 2016 -
I am really pleased with these tower gardens. They really need to be cleaned up a bit.

Ghost Chili

Summary -

Although this tower has drip irrigation installed, it needs to be watered manually until the roots are somewhat established. I will be modifying the watering tube next year.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote