View Single Post
Old June 25, 2017   #7
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozbz View Post
oakley: It's been plenty hot (I live in Texas!), but not damp. But, until I started pruning off the sad leaves these plants were enormous and there wasn't much space for the leaves to breathe - I imagine that could make them more susceptible to mold?

ginger2778: I think you may be right that spider mites are the culprit. I've actually seen small webs all over my swiss chard and basil recently, and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Good eye - I couldn't even see the webs and mites in person, let alone in my not-so-high-quality photos!

Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with a very, very bad spider mite infestation? I see a few options here, but I'm not sure where to start: https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-p...-mite-control/
Pyrethrin and permethrin sprays will kill them, but more hatch daily. You have to go to war, not an easy war to win. Thoroughly spray above and below leaves and entire stem and drench at soil line. Repeat every 4 days for 3 times, then keep it up every 7 days for control, management. The hotter the weather, the faster they multiply.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote