View Single Post
Old May 23, 2012   #24
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Welcome to Tville. Looks like you have been doing your homework. Not familiar with the SIP and if you could, give us a link where we can get information about it. Everything you did so far including the plant out DIP, ferts and your disease/insect control program are looking Good.

One concern is your "Rubber Mulch". For me the only place I would use Rubber Mulch is where I DO NOT want anything to grow. Organic mulch not only helps the soil retain moisture but also is there to break down and feed the microbes in the soil. Here is a link concerning rubber mulch.

http://www.natureswayresources.com/D...ubberMulch.pdf

I would replace the rubber mulch with organic mulch. As the new mulch breaks down it will increase the fertility of the soil in your beds and make a better environment for worms and other good guys that reside there.

As far as the leaf curl on the Black Krim I would not get overly concerned as it is probably stress related and should out grow it. I can't help with the moisture meter readings as I do not know what the readings are based on as to percentage of moisture the numbers represent. Otherwise your setup is looking pretty good. Ami

Last edited by amideutch; May 23, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote