View Single Post
Old January 21, 2017   #9
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43

I'm in bed sick, but husband dropped these packages on my lap and yay for seeds!

I think I've come down with the flu, it's hit or miss for me whether the shot works, but I feel just awful.

Cannellini beans (we don't eat a lot of beans dry but we do like white beans for dip or soup and black beans in chili, soup, and tacos. I'm growing some of each this year). I'll probably share those with my best friend if she has room.
Rosso di Milano onion. My favorite onion, it's so pretty. Red Wing F1 supposed to be a great storage onion and my husband LOVES red onions. He'd eat them with everything if he could.
I'm excited to try growing my own tea. I'm going to grow this in pots to move in and out of the house. Not sure if I'll get enough to make tea but hey you gotta experiment! Plus Hibiscus have beautiful flowers.
Pineapple and Mignonette Alpine strawberries. I'm super duper excited to grow my own fruit. There is a local no spray farm that does pick your own very cheaply so I'm not worried about growing strawberries in quantity for JAM or freezing. I can get plenty there. But where I grew up there were delicious Alpine strawberries around the playhouse. I want berries like those to snack on and also it's for feeding the birds.
Eggplants. Do you think I could find any packets from the last few years? I know I have like four floating around, some were given to me by tvillians. Can't find them. So a couple of mixes should do the trick. This is the only thing my husband requests I grow each year. He loves eggplant.
Lastly but not leastly are three packets of lavenders. I've ordered a fourth that's also supposed to bloom the first year if you sow it early enough. As I have mentioned I'm growing some things for sale to friends and neighbors, lavender has been requested. I have great success with a now three year old plant of Munstead Lavender in my south facing yard. I'm going to plant a whole bank of lavender there I think. Should be lovely to smell coming through the kitchen windows.

I'm excited for spring! Now back to sleep I get cause the flu sucks!

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote