View Single Post
Old August 5, 2019   #42
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
This year is my first year for Burpee's Honey Delight Hybrid. A real winner for me. Nice plant with good foliage. Fruit are a bit larger than golf ball size. Typical weight (with no real pruning) 1-2 oz. (How they get 4 oz in their description is unfathomable to me.) Nice mild sweet/tart taste. Awesome replacement for Esterina which to me is sweet, but bland. Super productive. Only an occasional splitter. This is another "keeper" for me.

https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/to...rod003387.html

-GG
I'm glad you tried it; I got the seeds last year when Burpee had their 5 for $15 - you may have told me about that.

I grew 2 plants of it; one in the earthbox and the other in a root pouch. It was super productive until July when I couldn't stand going out (heat) and stopped watering everything.

Also in EB, the companion plant didn't stand a chance; so fall season (soon) I will plant it by itself.

I will also grow SunLemon instead of Esterina, which I did like at one time but it got Powdery Mildew in January. I think Esterina might be better when it is warm out.

---
BTW - I got those seeds you mentioned in another thread. Looks like another big cherry from Japan. I will share some seeds if it is a winner.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote