Thread: Peppers
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011   #36
O.P. Mater
Tomatovillian™

Hey from sunny SC! Just wanted to quickly respond to all the good ideas. I have bookmarked and printed off the link you sent, mdvpc. Great information and I know I will use it again next time.

Worth, I believe we could start a truck farming operation if you will meet me half way with a load of 75 cent peppers.......they are 3.98 in the grocery store here!

Structure, have found a recipe for "Ajvar"....it sounds good and plan to make it tomorrow. If you want seeds, let me know and I will send some. They could be mixed as they were beside the cayenne and jalapenos.

Lurley, we use canned green chillies and pimentos all the time. Thanks for letting me know that I can put some up in small jelly jars. Will try your recipe for the strips when it cools down a little bit.

Suze, thanks for posting the pictures and am going to try doing the peppers in the oven on low broil this afternoon. It will be a lot cooler and I won't be battling mosquitoes while I cook. I gathered 15 pounds this morning!

Nana, am pickling cayenne in a few days, so will try pickling some of the chilies then. Sounds like a great idea.

Off to get some of this work done........:-) Take care, Sandy
O.P. Mater is offline   Reply With Quote