View Single Post
Old June 22, 2017   #377
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazedwards View Post
The Cherokee purple tasted fantastic but it was the first tomato since last year. They are also very soft. Not a hard ball like the red we bought. I was surprised they didn't have any cherries at the market.

Omaha's old market is great. Fun atmosphere for sure. The river market down here is like that but a lot bigger. Probably close to 200 actual vendors plus restaurants and then the bigger places that sell the same stuff as the grocery store. They also have busters and specialty shops. The bigger markets are a lot of fun.

-Zach
Zach, I went to the KC river market 3 years ago and it was huge. Sadly when I was there I was shocked at the amount of OLD produce was priced for sale. We were there later in the day, so maybe the good vendors had sold out and left.

We have the Webb City Farmers Market (town of 15,000) that has a fantastic market with about 40 vendors. Resellers are not allowed. If you didn't grow it, raise it or make it, no soup for you. I checked into what it took to become a seller and I was impressed with how strict they were. They come out and inspect your garden at least once a season to insure it is all grown by the seller. They are open for 4 hours 3 days a week and they are swamped with eager customers.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote