Thread: Fermenting.
View Single Post
Old March 10, 2018   #758
Karrr_Luda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I know you will read the instructions but any who.
If your home temperature fluctuates from day to night by even 5 or so degrees the water in the mote will disappear when it is colder then re appear when it warms up.
Quite ghost like.
During the low tide event dont add water or it will end up on the counter when it warms back up.
The water is on the back side of the lid still sealing the concoction from outside air.
The other thing is to put the lid on and then add water slowly not the other way around like I did the first time.
What I did was keep a bottle of brine solution to add water to the mote if need be.
No matter how anxious you may get don't open the lid for at least two weeks three is even better.

Worth
Hi Worth, just reading your instructions now! It is here, looks huge, already with 3 small heads of cabbage in it. It will probably fit another two heads of cabbage, but i see there isn't enough juice to cover the stones completely, so i need something heavy like a rock from the backyard, before i put the lid on semi-permanently, so far i opened it 5 times already!!!!! and poured water to the mote instead of brine!!! I wonder how many more mistakes I'll make before learning. I am planning to use it often, so i guess i'll have to learn eventually. You are right about getting 2, would be good to have one dedicated to kimchi only, will take another two years for me to get there. So, you'll be making 5 liters of poblano hot sauce? Hope it comes out amazing!