View Single Post
Old September 23, 2019   #14
NoahYates
Tomatovillian™

I am heartbroken to learn of Carolyn's passing. I had not been on tomatoville much this season until now that the season is winding down. I am so inspired by Carolyn's knowledge of tomatoes. Her posts are gold. Lurking through this forum devouring what information I can, I feel like I somewhat get to know people through their posts. As I would read various topics, I would always be anticipating a response from Carolyn to authoritatively glean the relevant information I was looking for. Her posts on sprawling for example gave me the courage to implement that style of growing in my garden, as I, like her, am growing out far too many varieties in each season to be able to cage, stake, or trellis them all. I must admit, in my ignorance of her passing, I was waiting anxiously for her reaction to my pictures of my sprawled tomatoes and diversity of varieties, many of which she introduced. I know she posted comments on nearly every thread on tomatoville. I am sad that she will not be able to communicate to me how much she loves it, but I know she does. My successful season I partially attribute to her blessing from above. I miss her wise and informative, sometimes cagey, and always generous posts. I had the idea to take this picture of Carolyn and Craig's books with a few tomatoes significant to each of the authors. We miss you Carolyn!!! <3

20190916_123801t.jpg

20190916_123937t.jpg

20190923_120013t.jpg

Last edited by NoahYates; September 23, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
NoahYates is offline   Reply With Quote