View Single Post
Old January 25, 2017   #47
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselbean View Post
Sometimes its just as hard to give tomatoes away as to sell them.
Food Banks welcome every bit of produce.

An 8' deer fence with a 6" in-ground trench fence kept out deer & groundhogs.

I am tomato-taste impaired. I really can't taste some of the stuff in tomatoes. I shared a slice with my mother & she said it was flavorful & all I tasted was bland.

You can put a slice of red tomato in the freezer, thaw it, and eat it cooked (with basil & Parmesan, e.g.), just as good as fresh.

You can put slices of green (just blushing) tomato in the freezer, thaw them, and eat them fried green, just as good as fresh.

There is a purpose for Yellow Pear tomatoes: they are EXCELLENT dehydrated.

Sometimes you get a crossed seed in your seed packets, so you don't always get what you bargained for.

If you start tomato seedlings too early, you end up with monsters in your basement.

While there is some evidence that says eggshells don't help, all 3 of us planted eggshells with our plants and got virtually no BER.

I can't pot up every seed that germinates and try to grow them all (I did this). I must learn to cull.

Pay attention when putting in the plant labels; having to repeatedly explain "this plant is either a Big Beef or a Black Krim because I mixed up the labels" gets old quick.

When I'm holding a big bowlful of tomatoes I just harvested, I feel rich.

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote