View Single Post
Old June 6, 2015   #24
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
No problem with the SWC mix being damp; if anything I will need to dry it out before using it.

I took some temps at 4PM - and under the clear plastic, it was 125.

In the black bag next to it, it was <110.

That difference is huge.

----
I ordered the 42 gallon clear bags - I went with Husky because I think I have a better chance that they will be clear; from what I've read on other reviews, a common complaint is that they aren't clear.

Should have them delivered on Monday.
Oh my! Barb, that's fantastic research. You are so awesome, as is Kurt for telling us about it. Thank you, thank you,thank you.

Luigiwu, you most definitely can and indeed should pull the bag op right over the container. Simplifies your life.

Also, from another thread, the rootball atrophies in my EBs after I cut the main tomato base down at the soil line. You can leave it like that until the solarization is completed, then just reach in and pull the stump out using a clockwise twist and rocking motion. At least 2 weeks of solarization to accomplish that. You will see most of the fine roots are gone and mostly all that is left is the stem stump, which comes right out.
Okra is a different story, because it makes a strong taproot, but the pulling and twisting gets them out too.
Brassicas and lettuces are not even an issue.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote