View Single Post
Old July 13, 2014   #23
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I knew Steve was having surgery for his knees,along with his other medicalissues and he called me tonight and asked me to do an updat here.

Both knees had surgery on June 18th and there were complications, the major one being a confirmed blood clot in the calf, and that meant ER and a hospital stay of a week and additional meds.

He's back home and has to use a walker,has a Home Health Aide that comes in but no PT yet.

He's been in a lot of pain and has spent most of his time in bed

If his condition continues to improve he hopes to be able to drive in a few weeks.

Most important is that he said he still has some orders to send out and hopes to do so by the end of this week,and hopes that folks understand the reason for the delay

He makes lots of crosses so I had to ask him about that.He said he taught a local lady how to do BRIXlevels and she and another lady bring the fruits to him inside. He also had two friends visit,from out of town,and they helped for a short time as well,

Me being who I am,I had to ask him what he was doing for meals,he said his one son works in a restaurant,so that looks good.

it's been several years now that he's been dealing with two tick acquired diseases and a while with knee problems aswell,so I hope all will be on the mend and better soon.

Carolyn