View Single Post
Old August 29, 2007   #6
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Your pictures are really cool. I've not been out West much. My aunt, uncle and cousins used to live kind of at the bottom of Pike's Peak. Visiting them is really the only time I've spent out that way, other than on the Coast.

My favorite campground is actually right down the road from my house, across the street from the store where I do most of my grocery shopping. I know that sounds funny but it's true. It's on the beach with lots of live oaks. Each site is fairly private. Sometimes, especially when you have RV sites mixed with tent sites, it's set up kind of like a parking lot for campers. Everybody is just in a row, all together. There are some not so great sites at this campground, up by the road, but most of them are nice.

We go to another great place out Route 58, just past South Hill, Va. It's North Bend Park by the John H. Kerr Dam, on the Va/No. Carolina border. If you have a boat, bring it. Great bass fishing. We have camped here at least 25 times. Both tent camping and RV camping with water and electric. It's a three hour drive each way but we like it there.