View Single Post
Old May 23, 2017   #17
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

I do things on a little larger scale than a few here... I have what I call the Amish rototiller. it is a manual "tiller" one side has a set of cultivator tines and if you turn it over the other side has a wide scuffle hoe which is supported by a "wheel of cutting tines" I will have to get a picture of it and post it. it is obviously manual... takes a bit of muscles and a knack to get started using it but it makes no smelly fumes in the high tunnel while I am weeding/cultivating. works great after rototilling with a larg tiller in the garden, too. I like it quiet and this fills the bill.
A manual backpack transplanter. you fill the tank with your fertilizer water push down on the handle (which is about the size of the cell of a 3 pack from those disposable black plastic packs you buy plants in and throw away} while it is being pushed into the soil releases the the water via a spring and you literally mud in the plant. it is a two person job and goes extremely quick. we plant up about 10 rows 120' long in black plastic mulch... lots and lots of transplanting.
Felco pruners. I have had mine since high school. I graduated in 87.... 1 blade.
ARS pruners.
a never kink hose. I don't care what brand... but it had better not kink! with a ball valve on the end and quick connect couplers at ever end for every disconnect and addition or wand change.
a waterwand and a hanging basket wand with a dramm head. I have many in many different sizes. red, yellow, black purple... the narrow and the regular. different sizes for different jobs.
wonder waterer nozzle for seedlings in the propagation house
a mist nozzle...
I have a lot of products I am happy with and a lot I have tossed.