View Single Post
Old November 16, 2016   #12
pecker88
Tomatovillian™

that was my main concern, no moisture in my poly greenhouse to aid in breaking down the leaves.

I currently have 3 rows of lettuce growing; the propane heater only runs at night, during the day I still have to open the sides.
My water supply is about to be shut down though, I have to drain down the sprinklers tomorrow and that will end my water supply.
I put in two 30gal barrels that I plan on filling via a hose from the house. But, I don't want to be wasting my precious 60 gals on watering dirt/leaves.
Fortunately the hose run from house to greenhouse is uphill, so after filling the barrels I can disconnect the hose from house and it will drain out. In a month or so it will be under the snow/ice.

I'm going to be latching down the poly sides soon using wiggle wire, then they will be permanently closed for the winter.

Not sure how long I'm going to keep it running/growing, I guess it depends on how much propane I'm burning and if the heater can keep up. I'll likely shut it down around Christmas, then open it up about March 1st for seedlings and flowers.

Last edited by pecker88; November 16, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
pecker88 is offline   Reply With Quote