View Single Post
Old July 5, 2009   #66
Vince
Tomatovillian™

I harvested fruit from around ten different Red A fruits at the green stage (several weeks early) from my moms place, to ensure we get correct color IDs and seed. Here gardner had cut down several last time I was there and I became nervous that more atrocities may occur, hence the harvest of green fruit. Some are starting to ripen and I have updated the list. A few more apear to be browns, but I need to let them get fully ripe to be sure. Several more mini beefsteak type also. When these green harvested fruit ripen the seed gel has stayed green on all of them, so I don't know if it is a consequence of early harvest or genetics. One more, point. Amazingly the fruit quality has been in the 7 range for all harvest several week early(good sugar content). So I can only imagine how they would have tasted at full vine ripeness.

For those attempting to grow the big brown, we can tentatively call this Big Cherokee sunkissed, and the smaller version (I have just planted some of the F3 seeds) Cherokee sunkissed, respectively.

Last edited by Vince; July 5, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote