View Single Post
Old August 11, 2022   #5
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

We are in the 80's here in Virginia Amen!!!

Rebar in my research have Galvanized costing, that I was just using to hole down ground covering or to support my high staking areas on my "Wood Support Permanent High Tomato Stalking" that is 8 feet tall. Next year since I know I have to protect the Plant & Tomato Cages from overheating, I will use my building skills from that code compliance class I took here in my city over 15 years ago to develop wood staking made with Galvanized Rebar that will be strong enough to support 6 plants 16 feet Heirloom Tomato Plants at on time that can be moved to different area during crop rotation.

My Amish Desters was looking so healthy I decided to remove the the Morning Glory shade to relieve stress off the plants for a healthy harvest. I did not know the heat index was staying at over 100-101 over the weekend. This is the first time in "my area for neck of the woods" to suffer consistent with temps over 100.

My Diener Heirloom Tomatoes "that are just only midseason" did well in all this Heat without me using any shade are special care. I will learn more about studying the Farmers Almanac before the start on my Farming Season next year to predict Temperatures over 100 in my area.

Well, I going to put out another young crop of my Amish Desters in this 80 Temperatures, Amen!!!
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote