View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009   #12
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

The good news is, my friend from work gave me a dozen or so tomatoes for my BLT bar. She has no idea what kind they are, but I may enter some under "mystery tomato" in the tasting just for comparison (She thinks they may be Better Boy or Supersonic or both). So now I can relax.

The bad news is, they're calling for rain on Saturday. Of course, things could change - we all know how reliable those extended weather forecasts are. It's supposed to cool down a little, so it shouldn't be 90+ degrees like in 2007. We wouldn't be able to grill if it rains, unfortunately. (The rules for the park say no grilling inside the pavilion.) A possible Plan B for carnivores: There is a good BBQ joint and a decent chicken wings joint nearby - we could take a collection. Of course, we may have enough other food anyway.

More ramblings:

Remember how I mentioned that I was going to dye my (very short) hair red and green for MAGTAG? I tried the temporary haircolor the other day, and it was a disaster. It turned into a powderlike substance that rubbed off onto everything. I figured that if it got wet from sweat or rain, the stuff would run and I'd look like I was bleeding.

So I went to the beauty supply store and got a semi-permanent dye that comes out after a number of shampoos. The color I bought was cherry red, since pinkish-red would be more flattering on me than orange-red. So now my head looks kind of like a neon version of a Brandywine tomato.