View Single Post
Old December 8, 2011   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Well, as Carolyn said, I saw it mentioned on another site as new and just up and running. Since I found it very well done and very interesting with beautiful pictures and many intriguing, new and tempting varieties, how could I not make sure that all of you knew about it, too?! 'Tis the season for ordering seeds!
And better you than me posting it here b'c as a Global Mod here I don't want to be seen as promoting any new particular seed site and never have except for calling attention to Adam's Gleckler's new site which someone before me actually linked to. I was just so thrilled to see the Gleckler name back in business for it has a long distinguished history going back to Adam's grandfather who started it in the 40's and then it passed to Adam
s father , whom I did know, and who did subcontract seed production for several well known seed sites including TGS. Before I discovered SSE the two best places to buy seeds from in the early 80's were Gleckler's and Seeds Blum.

Fact is, there are always those who will find something to criticize someone about something, and have done so and no doubt will do so in the future,so I look behind me as I travel forward.

And yes, I think Steve has done a terrific job at his new site.