View Single Post
Old June 29, 2018   #135
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Peppers interest me and I'm finally transplanting the last few that I started this year.

In previous years, I've had some languish in their small pots for a couple of months or more until things warmed up outside. Once transplanted and established in their new pots, they did eventually take off and produce. I've always done better in pots than in the ground with peppers and eggplant.

This year, with the new garden and the many projects going on at the house, I thought best to keep all planting in the beds, no pots around, to keep things tidy (except for my wife's flowers.) I gave a friend a few plants (toms and peppers) and visited him over the weekend. I was happily surprised that the pepper he was growing in a pot was as tall if not taller than the ones I put in the ground. Same variety but different growing conditions.

Idea for new experiment: I still have a couple I haven't planted. Will put those in 3 gal pots and place them inside the beds so to have as few variables as possible, and will see what happens.
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote