View Single Post
Old August 18, 2010   #84
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepheninky View Post
Ordered up some of my goodies today. Really wanted the Huge Black so if you get some of those in or just about any KY origin heirlooms later on I will definitely make another order.

Your prices are great and I don't know you yet as I am new here but I just want to tell you the main reason I ordered from you is that you are honest in your descriptions. I hate sites that every tomato is the greatest and best ever lol. I even ordered the one that you said has not done so well for you, just cause it is a Kentucky heirloom.

Thanks look forward to growing some tomatoes next year.
Thank Steven. I try to describe as best I can what the tomato has done for me or how it tastes. Not every thing is going to be my favorite or do well here, but somewhere else it might be just what someone is looking for.
Carolyn is correct about Huge Black I didn't know any history (Thank for the info Carolyn!) though I do mention that is isn't too huge in its description. Spider/Bert who used to be a member here grew it and loved it down in KY. Bert was quite the gardener, and I still feel sad that he is gone.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote