View Single Post
Old February 24, 2006   #24
kristy
Tomatovillian™

aha, now I know why my ears have been itching.

I'll check into using the facilities at Fair Oaks park on August 26. Though I've never been to Harvest Day, I do imagine that your fears that we may be engulfed by lots of other people could be well founded. I'll ask about it anyway, to get an idea of how busy they expect it to be.

Angelique, it looks like there are some nice parks in Roseville but I can't find the reservation prices on the City of Roseville's website. Do you want to call and find that out? Mission Oaks' facility rental was more affordable than the facilities available from Fair Oaks, or Carmichael park districts the last time I checked. Most importantly, the others offered reservations on an hour by hour basis rather than giving us the day, so we'd be put on a tighter time schedule for setting up, enjoying BLTs, etc.

I'm open to going wherever is most convenient for everyone. If you do want to do Gibbons again, the park office is on the way to my daughter's school so I can drop in and fill out the forms pretty easily.

What about a seedling exchange (and potluck?)in about mid April? Is there any interest in that?