View Single Post
Old January 13, 2016   #4
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Thanks H-G-C!

Sure Carolyn, I can clear it up. There are actually three places I tend to. First a little background.
As you may or may not know, the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo of 1848 settled the border that we have now, at least in this area. If I remember correctly, the official spot was chosen by measuring about 5 km south as the crow flies from the southern tip of San Diego Bay (1 marine league)
The line that divides the two countries is simply that, an imaginary line. There's no geographic marker to divide us, as is the case with the Rio Grande in other areas. Here urban sprawl is continuous from Camp Pendleton down to about Rosarito, a coastal town more or less 20 miles down the coast on the MX side. I'm one of those people with one foot on one side and the other foot, well you get it.

Garden 1 is where I live, an apt bldg with the rooftop you see in the pics above. I only do seedlings here . I may do an earthtainer this upcoming summer. Weather is a transition zone between coastal and inland. Have a few ornamentals too.
Garden 2, the main one, is at my parents' place, also on the MX side and further inland, it gets hot, the equivalent of Inland San Diego weather.
Garden 3, a strictly summer endeavor right on the beach. Watermelons mostly. This summer it will also be populated with dwarfs.

And I'm not a purist when it comes to threads, all info welcome. Here's the thread where De Colgar/ long keeper was mentioned http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...598#post524598

PS. I'm absent a sweet tooth....

Last edited by Gerardo; January 14, 2016 at 04:00 AM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote