View Single Post
Old March 31, 2018   #15
pondgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I'm an Old Folk, as you put it Clarence,and I'm trying hard to post less here at Tville all the time until maybe it gets to the point that just for old time memories I'll go back to January of 2006 when Mischka opened Tville, and read forward to see who is still here,who has died,who got banned, etc.

And the above b/c the general atmosphere here now is quite different from what it used to be, not just my opinion since some long timers here have said the same and that includes those who used to post here regularly who are still very much alive and have chosen not to post here.

Back on topic.

I no longer can raise my own seedlings so I give seeds to a local person who does that for me,then he brings the flats of them here to my home where someone else plants them and cares for them, if she remembers to do so in spite of my asking her to do so.. And the deal is that I also give him seeds for his own purposes, and while I'm technically in a zone 5a here,as he is, it makes no sense at all to put out seedlings, already hardened off, too early,since they sit there and sulk.

Better IMO to just wait until the soil,or however someone grows their tomatoes,since it's known where I live that freezing rain and hail and snow can still appear up to mid June. So most in this area are sowing seed much later than they used to do so.

Carolyn
Carolyn,

I was thinking the same the other day, when I started to read posts from 2006, noticing the names of people I haven't seen post here for a very long time. It seemed like there was more information being shared. I felt the same way, looking back at the idigmygarden board. I think more people should go to the last page of various forums and read backward. I have found quite a bit of information by doing so.

George

Old Proverb
pondgardener is offline   Reply With Quote