View Single Post
Old June 2, 2016   #32
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbebs View Post
Drew
I was the source of your " Wisc." garlic. I live in central Illinois and have been growing it for 30 years. It is an unknown variety to me. A good fist sized bulb that stores well for many months with that good strong garlic taste.

One chef I sell to takes all the scapes the crop produces. What he does with them is beyond me. I dropped off a good 30 plus lbs. yesterday, with more to come. After a long drive the car still reeks with a strong garlic odor.

The longer you plant that variety the better it gets. It's virtually foolproof.
Thanks and sorry I made over 30 trades from seeds to scion wood. So I would have to research to find you. I remember I could not have anything you needed, you sent it for free. I will pass that along to others for sure. It seems the more I give away, the more comes to me. I grow blackberries, raspberries, peaches, plums, currants, strawberries, and about 25 other fruits, so I always give away stuff. I really appreciate the offer, and you sent at least 10 bulbs. I could not use anywhere near that many, but enough to keep it going for sure. And all the ones I planted were perfect huge cloves. Plus I had all this garlic to eat! It's a very nice garlic. I think at this point you should give it a name if you have not yet? It is doing very well. The tallest garlic plants I ever saw! No doubt the bulbs are going to be massive! Again thanks, so generous, such a beautiful garlic. Very tasty too.
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote